Monday, May 9, 2011

Bubble Tea

We were part of SM Megamall's Big Sale! YAY!

But we were only able to visit two stores - F21 and Etude House. We shopped at F21 for almost 4 hours and the store is packed! Not to mention the long lines at the counter/dressing room. After stashing 9 items in the F21 shopping bag, I was only able to buy 1 shirt...boo!


After all the shopping that we did in F21, we were hungry...

I was the one who suggested that we eat in Bubble Tea since I heard a lot of good reviews about this place and I also saw this on TV before.


the Place

Bubble Tea in Megamall is quite small and there are more seats outside. I did not even see what it looks inside so I was not able to take any pictures (sorry!). 




Seriously, I want their bubbles. HAHAHA

The Food

Their menu is not the usual traditional Japanese food but it has this nice modern twist, it's kind of funky.  


1. California Maki - the never ending california maki - mango, crab stick, cucumber, nori and cabbage rolled into Japanese rice and sprinkled with ebiko(?)

Their california maki is larger than the usual maki that I eat.

 2. Tofu Steak - crispy, breaded tofu with shiitake (?) mushrooms in their steak sauce
This is one of my favorite dish since I love tofu and their sauce is awesome (not to mention all the mushrooms in it)
Jocel's verdict: it was very nicely made, the tofu inside the coating was perfect"
However, Marimar doesn't eat tofu so she doesn't like this dish.


3. Tonkatsu Yakisoba - stir-fried noodles with breaded pork cutlet
I love, love, love yakisoba (and yes I also like nissin yakisoba)! And this dish did not fail me. Unlike Tokyo-Tokyo's yakisoba, this actually has flavor in it and not just oil and bland noodles! 
Jocel's verdict: I really lied this because the noodles are not that greasy
and the taste was very delicious. The tonkatsu was also good especially
since it has this slight barbecue sauce on top of it
Marimar's verdict: My favorite among the rest!

4. Nippon Ebi - panko breaded prawn rolled in sushi rice topped with mango on melted mozarella cheese. Superstar!

Better than california maki! The combination of cheese, mango, tempura and the sauce on top of it is a refreshing combination
Jocel's verdict: Nippon ebi which was new to us was really good. I love the mango toppings on top of the Nippon ebi sushi 
Marimar's verdict: really good and the blend of flavors is something to look forward too


5. Chicken Lollipop with honey mustard sauce
This is my favorite! The chicken is very crunchy on the outside but tender on the inside! The honey-mustard sauce makes this dish extraordinary and special, perfect combo! Jocel's Verdict: Chicken Lollipop with honey mustard sauce is really good. It has this nice crunchy feel and having the honey mustard as it's sauce was very delicious! Marimar's verdict: I don't usually like mustard, but this sauce is different! It is sweet with a sour kick!

Our drink:

Royal Milk Tea! 

Unlike all the other milk tea's in the market, this is not too sweet and the bubbles/tapioca is soft and chewy.  We all love this drink!

The Verdict:

Food: over-all, the food was delicious! big serving size (we did not finish our food so we had it take-out and we were still able to let the others at our Intern Place taste it) 
   grade: 8.6/10 (Jocel), 7.5/10 (Marimar), 8.5/10 (me)
Place: quite small but the wall is so cute! 
   grade: 8/10 
Price: we didn't have a unanimous decision on this. It is quite expensive but the serving size is huge. 
   grade: 7/10 
Service: ate was very friendly and helpful. She's very patient in waiting for our orders and quite humorous. The waiting time for the food was not also long.
   grade:  9/10


I find it kawaii that they serve their milk tea in root beer mugs! so cool!
with Kath a.k.a Marimar - my generics buddy and sister! She is so fun to be with and so patient too.

Say hello to Jocel :) She is one of the kindest people that I have met, not too mention one of the most generous too. :)

Bubble Tea is located at SM Megamall (near California Berry),
SM North Edsa and T. Morato

No comments:

Post a Comment