Friday, May 6, 2011

Gelato for Dessert

After eating lunch at Greens, we all decided to have Gelato for dessert.

Before my Dessert Review, let’s have a crash course first. J

Difference of Gelato and Ice Cream

Here is a brief comparison between the two.


It is my second time eating here in Amici (pizza.pasta.gelato) and they really serve good Italian food at affordable prices. 

The Place


I agree with Ate Popsie that Amici/Caramia has the ‘Cafeteria Vibe’ and it is not advisable for dates. HOWEVER, it is a good hangout spot! 
I wish I could bring amethyst here someday. 
The Food

Oh, how I wish I could taste everything

More gelato!


The Food
Disclaimer: I copy pasted the descriptions of the food from Ate Popsie’s tumblr


Mango Sans Rival. A mango lover’s dream! Delightful mango gelato mixed with their to-die for sans rival gelato embeaded in layers of crunchy meringue wafers
It’s okay but the mango does not taste right.
7/10 


Banana Blast. Their best seller. Banana, strawberry and gelato provide a delightful mix of flavors on a chocolate flavored crust.
Bananas and Strawberries, one of the best combinations in the world!
8.5/10 


Choco Tartufo. Chocolate and vanilla gelato mixed with bits of nuts and cherries in a shell of rich, moist chocolate cake topped with ganache.
I enjoyed eating the chocolate moist cake it is really chocolate-y and moist (hahaha). The cherry gelato (?) in the center neutralized the rich flavor of the chocolate.
This is perfect for all those chocolate lovers like me!
9/10

Amici also serves pasta and pizza! 
(P.S We did not order p & p this time, I took this shot from the table behind us. Hihihi, they must have thought that I was weird. HAHA)

Amici is located at Bellagio Square (Tomas Morato), SM North Edsa, Don Bosco





1 comment: