Monday, April 25, 2011

Eggplant Lasagna - Tantei Style

I do not know what crossed my mind last Saturday but I really want to eat Eggplant Lasagna. So I decided that we will be having eggplant lasagna the next day. Problem is I don't know how to make eggplant lasagna, hahaha! 

So with the permission of my brothers, I decided to make my own version, inspired by Lola Ma’s original lasagna recipe. 

*forgive me for the lame photos, it's more than an hour past our lunch time and we are hungry! LOL

Tantei-san’s Eggplant Lasagna

TIP: I suggest that you bake it in an oven for around 10 minutes or until the cheese melts, it looks more professional! Too bad, we only have an oven toaster here in Manila, J



Ingredients:

For the Eggplants which will be used as substitute for  pasta:
Eggplant (I used 3 large eggplants, sliced into strips)
2 eggs
Cornstarch
Bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper to taste

For the Beefy Sauce
Around ½ kilo ground beef
Basil
Onion (diced)
Garlic (minced)
Tomato Sauce (I used 115 g of Del Monte’s Tomato and Cheese and 115 g of Hunt’s tomato Sauce)
Basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

For the white sauce:
(I, again, don’t know the exact measurement since I am fond of just estimating and adjusting the taste according to our preference J. I would measure next time )


All Purpose Cream
Cheese
Garlic Powder
Sugar
Skim Milk
butter
flour (thickening agent)

Instructions

For the eggplant

1. Just fry it like what you would usually do in frying a chicken. Dip it in the egg, then coat with flour. Dip in the egg again then coat with bread crumbs. 
2. Deep Fry 
* you can also season the flour with salt and pepper if you like

It should look like this

For the Beefy Sauce

1. Sauté the onion and the garlic. Add the beef.
2. If the beef is brownish already or cooked, add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
3. Add the basil, salt and pepper to taste.

For the White Sauce

1. In a saucepan, mix the ingredients in this order: butter, milk, cream, cheese, garlic powder, sugar and flour.
2. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly.

Arranging the Lasagna

Step 1: Arrange the fried eggplant in your container


Step 2: Put the Beefy Sauce

Step 3: Then the White Sauce


THE VERDICT

   GELINE'S VERDICT
fried eggplant + beef sauce + white sauce = good new recipe
NOTE: She loves the white sauce the most if I remember correctly 
grade: 8/10

    KUYA ITIAN'S VERDICT
I love the crunch of the fried eggplant and the flavors blend well (I just love you Kuya Christian)
grade: 9.5/10

     ATE LINDA'S VERDICT
masarap siya Bei! Hindi kita niloloko. 
grade: perfect ♥ 

Oh, and Happy Birthday to our Dear Helper who never got tired of fixing our things! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATE LINDA!


AND, thank you to GELINE BENOZA fpr helping me prepare this dish :)






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! no problem bea :))
    and yes, i love the white sauce cause it's cheesy and sweet!
    btw..SORRY again for the meat!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete