Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Destination: Hong Kong





So one of the reasons why I was not able to do a book review was because we went in Hong Kong for our summer trip.  

Our Hong Kong trip was both fun and tiring.  Unlike our previous trips abroad, this was not a packaged tour and I actually did the booking (plane tickets and hotel). Internet really does make life easier.

Day 1: Arrival 

Due to some unfortunate event, our flight was moved at night time (almost midnight)! 

The downside? We were not able to go anywhere 
The upside? we got to see the amazing skyline of Hong Kong at night time and the cool hotel lights! I especially love the Tsing Ma Bridge.

Barges also amuse me so much. Nakakatuwa lang tingnan.

While waiting at the airport
L-R Tita Lilia, Mama and me

Tsing Ma Bridge
it kind of look like the Golden Gate bridge, don't you think? :P
We stayed in at Cosmopolitan Hotel. It’s very near in Times Square, Ocean Park, Wan Chai and Happy Valley. They also offer free shuttle services to certain places and the hotel staff are accommodating too.


Day 2: OCEAN PARK

Ocean Park is like the Asian version of Sea World. It has live shows (of dolphins, sea lions and many more) and giant aquariums and also roller coasters. 

I was not able to take lots of pictures because a.) the battery of my camera died an hour after we got there and b.) it started raining at 4 PM and we have no umbrellas.

Nevertheless, it was fun despite the occasional sibling bickering and the bad weather that never failed to follow me. 


I love, love, love dolphins. That’s why I love, love, love 
this blue and pink dolphin balloons.


Can you see the dolphins? 





Good thing we waited patiently for the cable car line. The view is simply breathtaking



Mine Train has such an amazing view. It's just so frightening to open your eyes. HAHA
Can you spot us? J




Day 3 and 4: Random Hong Kong and SHOPPING!


Shopping in Tsim Sha Tsui, Times Square, City Gate and airport. 












I wish someone would give me that panda bag!







My favorite sinkit people: Papa, Kuya Bagi and Kuya Itian










5 comments:

  1. Pasalubong ko???

    Haha, why is it that when you go to abroad the weather's suddenly abrupted? LOL :D

    -Amethyst-

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha... ngpunta rn pla kau ng HK!!!

    Bei, pag yuma2n tau punta tau sa South Korea!!!
    Bctahin ntn c KHJ @ JSM!!! ^^

    -KC

    ReplyDelete
  3. @amethyst: cute na panda <3

    @charadoki: DEAL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OO.. DEAL!!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bea how come you didn't inform me you were going to HK? di sana nakapagpabili ako ng dried mushroom.. hehe
    @CHARADOKI.. - you both have american visas so all you need to do is buy a plane ticket to go to korea.. hehe

    ReplyDelete